- Theme: Extraordinary events in world history
- The allocation of spaces will take place on March 24, 2023 from 8 a.m. (in the morning), at the same time with the delivery of the balloons and materials to the teams. Each team will be able to place their materials in the assigned space and to make the necessary check to verify compliance with the requests made.
- All these steps will take place on March 24, 2023 from 8 a.m. in the presence of all team leaders present at the time. Those who will not be present may request materials ordered later.
- The Large Sculpture competition starts on March 24, 2023 at 10 a.m. and ends on March 25, 2023 at 7 p.m. The scheduled times are: March 24 10 a.m.-8 p.m., March 25 8 a.m.-7 p.m., for a total of 21 hours in total.
- During the construction of the structure and subsequently the entire sculpture, no pre-assembled work of any kind (structures, balloons, details) will be allowed, except for thick metal pipes or bars that require special machinery for bending or cutting. In this case the elements in question must be communicated in advance and may arrive at the competition already shaped. Plug-in structures or whatever else, ready to be assembled on site, will not be allowed.
- Each team may have a maximum of 10 people among whom a person responsible for relations with the organization (captain) must be appointed.
- The space for each sculpture is 4 x 4 x 4 meters in height. There will be ladders available to share but no hoists. Upon completion, the dimensions of the competing sculptures may not exceed the above dimensions.
- The maximum number will be 15 teams admitted.
- Any sound, light or motion effects inserted in the sculptures may be activated continuously only after the official end of the competition in order not to cause repeated disturbance to other competitors.
- Projects and the list of materials must be ordered strictly no later than November 15, 2022 by sending a pre-filled excel file. All details will be provided when the organization confirms the registration of its sculpture.
- All Qualatex balloons will be sponsored, thus provided free of charge, only if ordered no later than the above date. Those who place their order after this deadline will incur the cost of the balloons needed for sculpting at their own expense, for which regular invoice will be issued with a 25% discount on latex, bubble and foil products only.
- The cylinders and necessary equipment must be ordered by email strictly no later than November 15, 2022 to Cristian@BalloonExpress.it
- Helium and nitrogen will also be sponsored, then provided free of charge, in limited quantities of one 8-cubic-meter cylinder for both elements, for each competing sculpture, only if previously indicated on the entry form and ordered in time as communicated above.
- The elements for making the structures such as: bases, poles and extensions, aluminum bars of any cross section and length, SDS, Rouse Matrix System, waterfall or release nets, chicken or garden nets, foam board sheets, cardboard, Styrofoam or similar, sponges, block or lath materials such as wood, iron, copper, plastic pipes of any cross section for plumbing or electricity, American tape, plastic ties, pots and wicker baskets can be ordered at a 20% discount subject to availability by Nov. 15, 2022 at Cristian@BalloonExpress.it.
- The organization will not be responsible for balloons or products ordered but not available.
- Unused balloons should be returned in the boxes in which they were delivered divided into open envelopes and closed envelopes.
- Unused balloons that are not returned will be duly invoiced. For this purpose, the technical jury will evaluate the number of balloons used for each sculpture. This figure will be compared to the initial order. In case of obvious differences, a more thorough analysis will be made in this regard.
- The minimum required duration of the sculptures is until Tuesday, March 28, 2023, the end date of the event.
Regulations on the structures of the Large Sculpture Competition
- The traditional elements allowed for making the supporting structures of the parts of the competing compositions are considered to be those usually used by Balloon Artists such as: bases, poles and extensions, aluminum bars of any section and length, SDS, Rouse Matrix System, Aeropole System, waterfall or release nets, chicken nets or garden nets. The latest decorating structures such as geometric support figures such as circles, hexagons or the like that are commercially available and not made for the sole purpose of competition will also be allowed.
- Additional items such as foam board sheets, cardboard, Styrofoam or similar, sponges, block or lath materials such as wood, iron, copper, plastic pipes of any section for plumbing or electricity, vases and wicker baskets are also allowed.
- Traditional elements, listed in the first point, must be compulsorily processed (cut, bent, modified, and assembled) during the competition time and not before.
- The additional elements may be cut, bent, modified, colored* and assembled during the competition time.
- No pre-assembled elements or materials such as: tripods, welded or pre-assembled panels or backdrops are allowed.
- Nor are plastic or other shapes that are already defined in a certain form allowed (e.g., I use a reindeer-shaped mannequin for modeling over chicken wire), with the exclusion of dress mannequins considered to be mere tools for supporting the dress itself.
- Components such as motors** are allowed to give movement to the structure or parts of it but must be supported and internal to the structure.
- Support for sound reproduction of music and noise are allowed with the exception of continuous use only after the official end of competitions. ***
- Stability of finished structures may be achieved with the use of weights and counterweights.
- Other interventions such as anchoring to the floor or ceiling through the use of dowels and screws of all kinds and types will not be allowed. Glues, cements or adhesives of other kinds and types are also not allowed.
* No acrylic spray paint may be used inside the competition area
** Only electric mopeds will be allowed. In case of use of electric mopeds, the person in charge of the sculpture must produce, as an attachment to the entry, a photocopy of the contract (in existence and valid including the period from March 24 to March 28, 2023) of a civil liability insurance and a self-certification disclaiming Balloon Express Srl from any liability in case of damages or defects caused by the use of the moped in question.
*** In case of using copyrighted music, the person responsible for the sculpture must produce, as an attachment to the entry, a self-certification disclaiming Balloon Express Srl from any liability in case of SIAE verification.